WHEELS OF STEEL – Best of Electronica 2010 Mix – Part 1

Illustration by Joëlle Storet

2010 was a stellar year for the '80s new wave and synth pop retro sound, represented foremost by Groove Armada's unsurpassed album Black Light. (Yes, it was my favorite album in 2010.) Other releases of note include The Bird & The Bee's homage to Hall & Oates, Clubfeet's Gold on Gold, and The Hundred In The Hands' self-titled debut full-length. Goldfrapp and Robyn maintain their statuses as leading indie synth pop vocalists, while Crystal Castles remain masters of the mixture between electronic dreamscapes and distorted punk-influenced rage. All of the tracks in this mix are from albums reviewed by myself or another KXUA music board member in 2010, except "Golden Wings" by Bag Raiders from their self-titled album (a great album that I hope KXUA acquires in the future). Digits' Hold It Close was actually released in 2009, but I didn't review it until 2010 and it definitely deserves to be heard. Any remixes in this mix, e.g. Gonjasufi or Bear In Heaven,  are from remix albums KXUA received from promoters. This mix is also my first attempt DJing live on KXUA (using turntables and Serato Scratch Live), so go easy on me fellow DJs! Part 2 is coming soon, but for now, here's the link to download Part 1:

DJ EJ's Best of Electronica 2010 Mix - Part 1

One thought on “WHEELS OF STEEL – Best of Electronica 2010 Mix – Part 1”