KXUA’s Top 5 Of 2016: Co-Music Director Ethan Owen

Now that finals have finished and the station is once again operating smoothly, we’re proud to present our next top 5 list from our other Co-Music director, Ethan Owen. A disclaimer from him: “Making this list is extremely difficult for me and I am not confident in my choices. I love all of them.”

1. El Perro Del Mar – KoKorro: I really enjoyed everything about this album, from beginning to end. Awesome sounds and influences and great songs.

2. Angel Olsen – My Woman: Definitely the biggest surprise of the year for me. This album rules and came at the perfect time. Couldn’t stop listening to it for weeks.
3. Wild Nothing – Life of Pause: A band I really enjoy came out with their best album at the very beginning of the year. A great evolution of their sound and very listenable.

4. Paradis – Recto Verso: Most anticipated album for me. Great French electronic/house, beats.

5. Alexis Taylor – Piano: The main man from Hot Chip sits down at a piano and plays beautiful songs.
Honorable Mentions: Client Liaison – Diplomatic Immunity, Shit Robot – What Follows, Blood Orange – Freetown Sound, GL – Touch, Classixx – Faraway Reach, Luke Temple – A Hand Through the Cellar Door, Lambchop – FLOTUS